Putting together a room theme? Then you’ll want to consider these areas as you make your plans.
- What room are you going to be doing? Is it painted, wallpapered, will it need to be primed or stripped?
- Is there any furniture that must stay? If it stays, can it be painted or altered? Do you need to get new furniture?
- What color scheme?
- Do you have less choice because you rent?
- Do you have any accessories that can be used in the room? Can you save on your budget by re-using something from another part of your house and changing it up by reupholstery, or painting, or staining?
- How hands-on are you – are you crafty, can you paint artistically or not? What about stencils or stamps?
- How big is your room? Are your plans too big for your room?
- Stuck for ideas? what are your favorite things? What things inspire you?