Chalkboard paint comes in black and green finish and can be applied to a variety of surfaces to create an instant chalkboard. It can also be used to refinish a chalkboard.
Chalkboard paint can make an interesting addition to your child’s room, by giving them a creative place to draw on the walls, and decorate their own room.
- Krylon Chalkboard Finish 16 oz. spray can black
- Krylon Chalkboard Finish 16 oz. spray can green
- School Mate Republic Standard 5 Inch Eraser chalkboard eraser
Magnetic paint can be used to create a magnetic surface almost anywhere. Magnets can be used anywhere, not just on the refrigerator! You can then use another color as a topcoat to your magnetic masterpiece!
Recipe for Making Chalkboard Paint
So you don’t want the traditional black or dark green chalkboard?
- 3 teaspoons acrylic paint in your color of choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons glazing medium – water based
- 1/2 teaspoon powder tile grout
Instructions: mix well. Apply in stages, letting each coat dry before you paint another. In between coats lightly sand with fine sandpaper. Finally, after you’ve completed painting and sanding, condition your new chalkboard by covering the chalkboard with chalk by using the side of a piece of chalk and coloring the entire area, wipe off and you’re ready!